Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Update

Hi all.

I haven't really had time or energy lately to keep up with my blog, but I did get some good news today that I want to pass along to everyone. I got accepted to grad school in the UK. The program is an Masters in Advanced Japanese Studies (Japanese to English translation). This does not mean that I will be moving to the UK, because this is a correspondence course. Correspondence classes have a bad reputation but this is from a very famous UK school called Sheffield. As soon as the course starts (April 1st I will have even less time to update this blog, but I will try to keep it up.

It is going to feel good to be on the other side of the desk for once.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats J! I'm proud of you. Will you still be teaching while you're going to school? How long is the program?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Correspondence courses are often more challenging than regular study. If this an established and respected school, the correspondence course will be worth twice as much on your CV.

    ReplyDelete