Wednesday, July 23, 2008

JJNN Wednesday: Games - 02

Welcome again to JJNN for Wednesday July 23rd, 2008. Today we will be taking a look at games and being trendy.

Today is going to be a quick post because I have a "let's party to the point that we forget the fact that it is so damn hot out" party tonight. That means I am here at just past 5 AM trying to think coherently and type at the same time. This post is for the gamers out there that are proud that they are gamers. It's for those gamers that get up in the morning and think to themselves "You know, I like game and I want the world to know that I like games." The original story can be found here.

Playstation put out a new line of clothes and other accessories that would make any gamer proud. The think that I like the most about these things though is that they are subtle. I mean there is a big difference between a gamer that goes around wearing a loud tie with a video game character on it and a bright hat that has a video game logo plastered on it and these clothes. I mean take a look at this shirt with a playstation logo on it.



A person that wears this shirt makes the statement "I'm a gamer, but I am not in your face about it." There are definitely extra points to be had for people that are willing to show they love something but not wanting to be in everyone's face about it. The same goes for the playstation signature watch shown below.



If I didn't already have a nice watch I would think about getting that watch. Not because it is a playstation watch, but because it just looks cool. There is more than just fashion being sold in the playstation signature store. There are traditional items of geekery like fashionable PSP covers and PSP stands. There are also things like wallets, notebooks and mugs. I don't know if they ship out of Japan, but it is definitely worth taking a look. You can find it at http://www.playstation.com/signature/.

Any way, it is now time for the word of the day. Today's word is 腕時計(うでどけい). It is pronounced ude-dokei and means wrist watch. My watch is a Casio G-shock. A little expensive but it is a good watch. I love how it can set its own time and charge itself up with a tiny solar panel that runs around the edge of the display.

That's it for today. See you next time at JJNN.

No comments:

Post a Comment