Monday, October 13, 2008

JJNN Special: Tokyo Game Show

Welcome again to JJNN for Monday October 13th, 2008. Today we will be talking about my latest trip to Tokyo.

This weekend was an extremely long weekend. I spent Saturday and Sunday in Tokyo. It was a fun time, but I don't think I have run around so much in a single weekend in a long time.

Let's start from the beginning. On Thursday of last week I got a message on my phone. It said simple that I can not make or receive phone calls. In other words my phone was no longer really a phone because it doesn't work any more. I figured out that I had to go to the apple store to get the thing fixed. The closest one just happened to be in Tokyo. I guess it was a good thing that my phone broke when it did.

Saturday morning I woke up early and got on a bullet train down to Tokyo with my friends. The bullet train was so packed because it was the first real day of a long weekend. Everyone managed to get seats, but everyone was sitting away from everyone else. When we got to Tokyo station I met up with some of my other friends and told everyone I had to get my phone fixed. A couple of my friends showed me the way to the apple store and I made an appointment to get my phone fixed. The appoint was at 5pm and it was after 1 when we got to the store so we decided that there was no point going to the game show if we would only get to be there a couple of hours.

Instead of going to the game show we decided to go around and find a place to eat. While we were waiting for another one of my friends to meet up with us we found a nice park and explored it. You can see a couple of pictures from the park down below.




I spent the rest of the day waiting to get my phone fixed and wandering around with my friends. We ended up going to Akihabara (the geek capital of Japan) and seeing some of the arcades. There was also an adventure in a costume shop and other shops that I won't be getting into.

That night I ended up staying in Yokohama. The place that I stayed in was a huge spa. It has 7 floors of different baths. The roof also has a great view of the huge ferris wheel that stands in front of the building. The place where I slept was a huge room filled with lots and lots of chairs. The chairs fully recline and are comfy enough to sleep in. It is cheap and a good place to sleep. The only problem is that people snore. When you are sleeping in the same room with lots and lots of people you are bound to hear lots and lots of snoring.

The next day I met up with my other friend and we headed off the to Tokyo Game show. There was just so many people there. It was crazy. It took forever to get to any one place because of the wall of people. It was good to see just how many people are into games though. There were people from all over the world and all walks of life there. Of course most of the people were japanese, but I know there were also people form America, Canada, Germany, Korea and China.

There were so many games that grabbed my attention when I was walking though the game show. Everything from the Taiko no Tatsujin (the Japanese drum game) for the wii to Metal Gear Online to Tenchi 4. I also saw that there will be a new Professor Laiton (I don't know how they spell that in the American version) game and Genso Suikoden game. It was enough to make anyone that loved video games to just drool. You can see a couple of the pictures below.





That's just about it. I don't watn to go into depth about anything because there are just too many question marks about most of these games. I couldn't tell you when most of them come out or about the plot or anything, but I can tell you that most games do look good.

Any way, it is now time for the word of the day. Today's word is ゲーム(げえむ). It is pronounced geemu and means video game. I haven't really played any games in a long time, but I guess I am going to start playing again sometime soon.

That's it for today. See you next time at JJNN.

No comments:

Post a Comment