Tuesday, October 28, 2008

JJNN Tuesday: Entertainment - 13

Welcome again to JJNN for Tuesday October 28th, 2008. Today we will be talking about a Japanese comedy group called The Rahmens.

There are many different types of Japanese comedy groups out there. Before I talked a little about the famous group called Down Town. This time I want to talk about one that is not so famous, but is damn funny. Their name is the Rahmens. The Rahmans are a pair named Kobayashi Kentaro and Katagiri Jin. They do a lot of sketch comedy as well as stand up. I want to show a few examples of their sketch comedy. They make something called "The Japanese Tradition." It is set up like an educational film about Japanese culture, but it is really funny. I am happy someone decided to subtitle these things.

The first example I want to show is about apologizing. Take a look.



No, the Japanese don't actually apologize by laying on the floor or digging holes, but it would be funny if they did. My favorite apology stance is the ninja one. I might try that one sometime tomorrow just to see what happens.

The next video needs a little explanation. There are a few set ways to end parties in Japan. If it is a party with a school it is usually ended by singing the school song. Another way is to say "banzai" with everyone you drank with. The last way is to clap. This is called tejime and can be seen in the video below.



Personally I like the singing of the school song the best. There is always some drunk teacher around to conduct the singing with a used chopstick. Got to love it. The last video is about sushi. I think I might have shared this one with you before, but it is worth another watch if I did.



Any way, it is now time for the word of the day. Today's word is 寿司(すし). It is pronounced sushi and means sushi. I love sushi.

That's it for today. See you next time at JJNN.

1 comment:

  1. Hahahahaha! Loved the sushi video! That's so funny. Did you try yet the ninja bow? xD

    ReplyDelete