Wednesday, October 1, 2008

JJNN Wednesday: Games - 09

Welcome again to JJNN for Wednesday October 1st, 2008. Today we will be talking about another game series that i love.

There are a few games out there that I just love. I talked about my favorite game, Chronotrigger, before but there are a lot of other good games out there. Another game series that I love is called Tenchu.

The are many games for many systems in the series, but the basic point of every game in the series is the same. You play a ninja and you have to sneak around a stage without being seen and take out the enemies. It is a simple objective, but it can be hard to actually accomplish.

The news on the Tenchu front is that Tenchu 4 is coming out later this month (it is called 4 but it is like 8th one in the line). I can't wait to play this game. It is going to bring back so many old memories. It always feels good to sneak around a stage with no guards spotting you. Also, nothing makes you feel more smart than using your ninja gear at exactly the right time to get out of a tough spot and still not get spotted.

The main characters are the same as in most of the other games. There is a male ninja called Rikimaru and a female ninja (also known as a kunoichi) known as Ayame. You can see a picture of these two down below.



Now that you know what these two look like, let's see what they can do in the newest game. It seems this game has new ways to hide (like within objects or under the floor. There are also new ways to kill your enemies by surprise. The video below shows a couple of new things. Take a look.



It is amazing that a video game can look so realistic. What I worry about is the new controls. This new Tenchu game is on the wii so I wonder how they are going to incorporate the wii controller into the game play. I guess I will have to buy it to find out. (Not that I wasn't going to buy it any way).

Any way, just for a blast from the past I am including the following video. It has characters from the original Tenchu game dancing a little dance. This is just funny.



Any way, it is now time for the word of the day. Today's word is 忍者(にんじゃ). It is pronounced ninja and means ninja. I wonder if it is too late to get some ninja training in.

That's it for today. See you next time at JJNN.

No comments:

Post a Comment