Friday, October 17, 2008

JJNN Friday: Technology - 12

Welcome again to JJNN for Friday October 17th, 2008. Today we will be talking about ROBO JAPAN 2008.

When I went to Tokyo for the Tokyo Game Show I stayed in a place called Yokohama. Yokohama is a very nice place. On the last day that I was in Yokohama I was wandering though a giant mall and I came upon a sign that said simply ROBO JAPAN 2008. Needless to say that really got my attention. I was thinking of staying there and checking it out, but my friends called me to the TGS, so that was off the list.

ROBO JAPAN 2008 was a huge robot festival. It included 45 different companies that brought over 100 different robots. Among these robots was the world's smallest robot. This robot walks on 2 feet and is only 3.4 cm (just over an inch) tall. A lot of people came to see all of the robots that were in the festival. The most famous robot at the festival was ASIMO. You can see a video of ASIMO and everything it can do below.



ASIMO looks a bit creepy when it is running.

Any way, it is now time for the word of the day. Today's word is 走る(はしる). It is pronounced hashiru and means run. The elementary school kids that I teach always find a way to make me run when I don't want to. Bah.

That's it for today. See you next time at JJNN.

No comments:

Post a Comment